Monday, May 06, 2013

It's been awhile since I last wrote an entry. Busy and exhausted from work most of the time. Starting to feel less enthusiastic about work, which I dun know why. I dun loathe my work, I just feel tired so easily and so constantly.

Weekdays are mostly spent on work while weekends with the families. I didn't know running to and fro both sides of the families over the weekends can be this tiring. Perhaps too many things on my plate and I have not been juggling things very well.

I didn't realize my lack of participation would be deemed as not being interested in my friends' lives. It's not that I treat them any less or that they are any less important to me. Seriously it's not that. So when I was told that I dun seem to be putting in effort in the friendship anymore, it was like a slap in my face. I'm not sure if it is the case of me taking initiative in the past, organizing this and that; making alterations for everyone and everything but myself, that I become worn out and I started to just let things flow in order to avoid frustrations and disappointment. I used to be able to handle all these - keeping up with chats, fixing dinner dates, arranging for venues and time, or even being blown off the very last minute of the arranged event. But as time past I just feel so tired and perhaps started doubting myself if anyone actually appreciate all these things done. Where did that old me go to? Right now I only seem to be able to deal with one thing at a time. And because of that, I can no longer cater to everyone's needs ever so often.

Is this because we are at different phases in life? What would happen if I get married and set up my own family. My time would be even lesser and I probably won't be able to keep in touch as frequently or intensely as we used to. What would happen then?

Sigh...




1 comment:

Doctor of Podiatry Discusses and Recommends Shoes. said...

You have to take care of yourself first. Your true friends will care about you and accept you no matter what phase of life you're in. You should follow up with your doctor to make sure everything is okay medically. Don't push yourself to constantly please others - you will only end up exhausted and drained. Do what makes you happy.