Monday, December 08, 2008

Half marathon

I can't feel my legs anymore...as much as I love muscle aches, this time round the experience is wayyyyyyyyyy out of my league...ask fen and gage...they'll know how much I whined and gave that grimace- of- pain look with every slightest movement I try to execute.

Yeah...conquered half marathon without training...haha...ran 8 km, walked 13km...halfway thru the running I was so darn hungry...very tempted to run into Kallang Mac when we ran past it...and then came free bananas...which drove the walking me into running pace just so I could get one...never in my life have I been so happy to see bananas...yes...very funny...

Started the race with Angie, then ran off alone eventually...so the rest of the journey I was pretty much alone...okie...Kylie did keep me company quite a bit...

I thought to myself if I manage to conquer this run, I should be able to conquer anything else in life...still I find myself being the same old me...nothing changed or am I being naive to think one run can give me the strength that I'm looking for...

Anyway some pics from bkk trip...

























































































































































































































3 comments:

gageism said...

no. one training doesn't prepare you for a marathon.
and no. one marathon doesn't mean very much also.

but many trainings prepare a marathon.
so will many marathons amount to something more meaningful.

everything starts with the first step.
If you never take your first step, you won't run pass the Kallang Mac, nor will you get excited about the bananas.
Take the first step, as hard as it may be.
And you'll find the finishing line eventually.

Misspiggy said...

=) I didnt know you wrote a msg here...

I dun have the courage to take the first step...

Misspiggy said...

I'm still trying to pull myself together to take that first step...