Thursday, September 17, 2009

Home Sweet Home...

I survived the LA trip!

Flight to LA was horrendous...colleague and I were alittle sick, hence the flight to Narita was not as enjoyable...the wait at Narita was worse! Remaining 11 hours flight to LA was tiring and alittle unbearable...

Reaching LA was a relieve...it was refreshing and reminds me so much of Melbourne....

The overall stay at Hilton was alright...not fantastic but the bed was good enough for me to wanna just stay in the hotel and not go out...

Seriously, Long Beach has nothing much for us to explore...we did little walking about in the area...pretty quiet and decent place...ppl are generally nice and friendly..

Two days of courses were great...we got lost on the way to the medical centre...thinking we could walk there...only to find out we forgot the differences btw miles and kilometres...we walked for like 5 km before giving up and tried taking a bus...was alittle late...but didnt miss out as much...really informative...learnt alot...and the speaker was so nice! He ended up chauffeuring us to and fro the medical centre for the next day...

Had alittle adventure on our own...due to the lack of transport and the build up frustration of our urge to shop...we decided to rent a car and drive to factory outlet on our own! As yours truly has no license...I can only rely on my colleague to drive us there....It was fun...and wasnt that difficult with the help of the GPS...I must say...my colleague was really brave...to try right-hand driving for the first time!

Anyhow, factory outlet did us harm! Burnt a huge hole in the pocket...still...it was fun...hehe...and before we know it...it's time to come back home...

Now is 3am...I used to say I dun think I will experience jetlag...but I guess not...I cant sleep!!! Luckily I only start work in the noon tomorrow...hungry...gonna grab some food!

No comments: