Monday, December 24, 2007

It's been a year...

I remembered the details. Everything single thing that happened. The effort I spend trying to look for a decent Xmas present for you. The time I spent going back to exchange the gift because you said you didn't like the colour.

I remembered the quarrel we had over the bridge when everyone was counting down by the riverside. I remembered the tearing up of Xmas card, throwing them into the bin and the storming off part.

I remembered you looking for me. I remembered your angry face knowing I went back to my friends. I remembered running after you, trying to look for you. I remembered finding you sitting at the side of the pavement while still talking to me over the phone.

I remembered retrieving the torn cards. I remembered bursting out in tears while saying Merry Xmas to you. I remembered crying in your arms for a good few minutes. I remembered you giving me your sweater.

It's been a year.

Did I mention how much I hate Xmas?

No comments: