Monday, December 03, 2007

role reversal...

Parent no. 1: My bro ( not available in Singapore)
Parent no. 2: ME
Child no. 1: My dad
Child no. 2: My mom

Child no. 1: I WANT to go HK asap in dec...I CAN take the plane myself...You can go there with mom in Jan...your bro need help in doing the chores and looking after the little ones...I HAVE to go there in Dec...

Me: What's the hurry...they are adults, surely they can take care of themselves and the baby boys...no need to go so early lar...

Child no. 1: NO...I want to go there in Dec...

Child no. 2: I have doc appt on the 14 Dec...can book tix after 14 Dec or not...can can can?

Me: Okie...I'll try to get the airtickets for the two of after 14 Dec okie?

Child no. 1: I can go on 10...I can even go now...

Me: -__-"

So the whole freaking morning was spent with me in messy hair, stinky mouth and gooey eyes (I just woke up), checking airlines for the earliest date and cheapest deal for them to fly over to HK.

Finally we settled on 25 Dec noon flight. You know, working in JMC helped alot. Cos I dealt with difficult AND demanding patients, in this case, my parents. Mom was okie but it didnt quite help when she bugged me with the ' so now how?' every 5 min while I was doing the online booking.

I really wanna puke blood and die...and suddenly I feel so old as though I'm dealing with two kids...doink...

My consolation was that dad compensated me by treating me and mom for lunch- sushi. Then it was another round of " what is this arh...eh what is that....eh this one nice or not...." Hai yo...If not for me being therapist, having dealt with elderly and having the liking for dealing with kids as well...I think I will convulse and die on the spot with all these qn...

Sigh...okie lar...at least they are happy now...that's all I'll ask for...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been reborn many times while dealing with my mom. welcome home! hehe.

gageism said...

that's the cycle.
i hope you still have more blood :)

eh..
so you are gone on 25th?
:(

Misspiggy said...

o no lar...current plan is that they leave on 25th dec...i'll head over on my own in jan as i plan...i dun wanna change my plan just cos they wanna go earlier...

I'll still be around =)