Monday, May 21, 2012

Mind boggling day(s)....

~Thursday~
Mom gotten admitted to hospital due to irregular heartbeat...Rushed down to A&E after work to keep her company while waiting for her bed in the ward to be ready. Bought her noodle soup as she was complaining how sucky hospital food was....

I think the only consolation was that I got to talk to the cute A&E doc, who definitely looked younger than I am.

It was only until 10pm plus, that the admission was done and she was able to rest and I was able to go home...I just crashed the moment I got home...

~Friday~
Rushed down to hospital again after work, kept mom company till 8pm plus 9pm. Funny how much we could gossip while in the hospital. Talked about the doctors, nurses and patients from other beds...

The Ex actually came down to hospital to look for me. It was good to see him after a month or so. I do appreciate him making his way down. But I dun think it is possible for us to get back to where we were. I took this one month to find myself and to understand what ultimately ticks in my life. We talked. I felt like the meanest bitch ever and yet at the same time feeling so so tired from all these things that were happening around me...

Gotten home at around 11plus...all I wanted to do was to sleep...

~Saturday~
Went to see mom again after work, bought her some food again cos she absolutely hated the hospital food. Then had dinner and coffee with yd. Appreciate him making his way down to spend time with me. I needed it. The talk we had was great. Enlightened me so so much, just love talking to him.

~Sunday~
Mom called to say she can be discharged. Took a bus down to settle the discharge procedures and hospitalization fees for her. Before that, had some not-so-nice exchange of conversation with my dad. Sigh, sometimes it just put me to think - why am I putting in so much effort to prove myself all these years.

I just simply crashed and slept the entire noon once I got my mum home.

Not that I mind but sometimes I wonder, did my brother get away with all these because he has his own family. Just because I am single, I was thrown with these responsibilities of making the decisions for my mum, talking to the doctors, visiting her every day, settling the admission and discharge stuffs. He was not available throughout the entire process.

I can so foresee myself, handling my parents on my own when they get even older. Why am I always the one doing more but least appreciated by others. Sigh....

No comments: